- When we don’t know ourselves, we create substitutes.
- We substitute a life of substance for a life of substance abuse.
- We prostitute our true identities for the coins of social acceptance.
- We are addicted more to what others think than to what God thinks.
- So we don’t have self-esteem, we have shell-esteem
- There’s no self-confidence, just shell-confidence
- And our self-image is replaced with a shell-image
- This is because what’s left of ourself is just the shell of ourselves, of who we really are.
- Hard on the outside, hollow on the inside.
- At the same time, we are fragile and easily fracture and fragmented when something or someone says or does anything to malign the fake self we are aware of and try to protect.
- Impress someone else (Acts of idolatry to want their approval as if they are our God)
- Stress the thoughts and opinions of someone else (Acts of slavery to allow the words of others to snare our souls)
- It impresses those we idolize.
- It lifts us up to become the next idol to be idolized (worshiped) by others
- When you know yourself, you can encourage yourself instead of discourage yourself.
- When you know yourself, you can support yourself instead of sabotage yourself.
- When you know yourself, you can trust yourself.
- Trusting yourself is a prerequisite to taking action
- Taking action is a prerequisite to success in anything and everything
- Psychological/Emotional (mind)
- Eternal (spirit)
- Physiological (body)
- Interconnected (Spirit, Soul and Body)
- Co-Dependent “Think it (mind), Do it (body) Endure it (Spirit)“
- Trusting Yourself & Peace of Mind (Attacked by fear and anxiety)
- Self Image/Identify &, Worth (Attacked by rejection and low-self esteem)
- Decisiveness (Attacked by confusion, doubt and uncertainty)
- People want to define you and confine you (Molding who you are)
- People want to control you (Directing who you are)
- People want to censor you (Smothering who you are)
“I reject ….”
- Know Your Strengths
- Know Your Weaknesses
- Know Your Gifts
- Know Your Skills
- Know Your Opportunities
- Know Your Threats & Opposition
- Know Your Likes
- Know Your Dislikes
- Know Your Vision
- Know “What” You Think
- Know “How” You Think
- Know “Who” Taught You How & What To Think
- Know What Challenges You
- Know Your Challenges
- Know What Sabotages You
- Know Your Anxieties
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
- How To Stay Focused – Don’t Become A Hostage To Distractions
- How To Achieve Goals – 7 Ways To Make Goals Work For You
- How To Never Give Up – Here’s How To Never Never Never Give Up
- How To Be Productive – Peak Performance Tips and Techniques to Help You Perform Better In Life and Work
Got a question? Feedback? Have thoughts about The Show?
If you have thoughts and questions or have topics you want to hear about on The Success Sculpting Show, then email me at feedback[a]successsculpting[dot]com (audio files welcomed) and I will incorporate them in the show.
Record a voice message and I’ll try and play it on the show. Call (781) 277-7469 to leave a voicemail.
Can We Get Social?
If you enjoyed today’s show, how about showing some love and using one of the buttons below to “Share” …”Like” or …”Tweet” today’s Episode. And I welcome your feedback on today’s Episode, so talkback to me below. Really appreciate it… THANK YOU! 🙂