- Define the core improvement you are looking for that you can impact without waiting for someone or something to impact it for you.
- Doing the doable and moving the movable is about knowing explicitly what you can control that impacts your immediate future.
- This is important to know so that you can put your scarce resources of time, energy and money to the best use.
- 1. Control The Controllable
- 2. Control your focus
- 3. Control your thoughts
- 4. Control your feelings
- 5. Control your beliefs
- …and you will control your experience of each event.
- If you don’t proactively control these things, then they will drift by default to the negative and that negative, like an anchor will weight you down, and then pull you down and you will drown in defeat when you could of be swimming in the victory.
- Wanting, wishing and waiting will never give you what willingness and working will produce.
- Take what you’ve gathered from the “Looking Up” and “Sitting Up” and synthesize them into solutions you can implement.
- Create momentum objectives.
- Momentum objectives are not necessarily the thing that will get you the biggest bang, but they are the things that getting you going towards the bang.
- Create habits of action that you can build on to replace the bias of inaction and complacency.
- We don’t just want to get momentum, we what to measure it.
- No matter how many clear goals and desires you have, if you don’t have objective measurements then success and progress gets lost in the noise of movement and the sea of subjectivity.
- Recapturing lost ground involves measuring the ground as you gain it.
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
It’s very valuable to have a 5-star rating and/or written reviews as a content producer. Not only is it encouraging to produce more content from the feedback, but it also encourages others to listen to the show and allows us to get our message of hope, mental toughness and winning to more people.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please take a moment and rate and comment on iTunes for The Success Sculpting Show.
Have You Listened To Previous Episodes Yet?
- How To Stay Focused – Don’t Become A Hostage To Distractions
- How To Achieve Goals – 7 Ways To Make Goals Work For You
- How To Never Give Up – Here’s How To Never Never Never Give Up
- How To Be Productive – Peak Performance Tips and Techniques to Help You Perform Better In Life and Work
Got a question? Feedback? Have thoughts about The Show?
If you have thoughts and questions or have topics you want to hear about on The Success Sculpting Show, then email me at feedback[a]successsculpting[dot]com (audio files welcomed) and I will incorporate them in the show.
Record a voice message and I’ll try and play it on the show. Call (469) 546-5093 to leave a voicemail.
Can We Get Social?
If you enjoyed today’s show, how about showing some love and using one of the buttons below to “Share” …”Like” or …”Tweet” today’s Episode. And I welcome your feedback on today’s Episode, so talk back to me below. Really appreciate it… THANK YOU! 🙂
Thanx Stephen you are always encouraging. Thanx again
You’re welcome Matome!
Thank you for your feedback and it’s great to hear the Show had a positive impact on you. 🙂
I needed this today. I can’t tell you how much I needed this today.
Great to hear I can be there for you today Marian!
Appreciate your feedback.
You are the best! Thanks so much..!!!
Thank you Pieter, and you’re welcome my friend! 🙂
Wow I just love this podcast.
I’m going to try out the LOD have mercy.
My company runs at a deficit and my goal is to get it to “break even”
I’m not sure what the goal getting opportunities are yet to get to my goal of break-even.
Maybe I start with the intangibles first?
I loved the never give up podcast. Everytime I think of giving up I just picture in my mind running over hurdles on a race track.
Thank you Ford!
Great to hear your feedback and I’m excited to know that the Shows are meaningful to you Ford. And since you are moving forward and never giving up, then start looking at your company internal assets for “goal getting opportunities.” Look at your database of current clients prior clients and leads (non-clients). I would think that some of your lowest cost, lowest effort and yet highest short term (and long term) rewards can be reaped by asking how you can further and deeper serve them. And also ask how you can get the non-consumers (leads, not customers) to start consuming your offers, if even from a sampler (momentum objective) that leads to a full platter. 🙂
Thanks so much for replying! You rock!
Yes they are meaningful.
I am crying right now. For the first time ever I’ve had an answer that isn’t to just apply for banckruptcy, or get a job.
I love the stories because I can visualise them and so the content is easier to remember. Yes I can put those things on my goals list you suggested.
You’re welcome Ford!
Tears of joy that flow into a river of recovery for you and your business.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Now get on with your hustle and grind and you can turn your situation around over time.
Will do, thanks!
Powerful stuff! Thank you, Stephen, for your insights.
You’re welcome Ken!
Thank you, appreciate your feedback! 🙂