So you want to know how to be happy?
Well, being happy is not just a choice, it’s a strategy.
Most people have decided that they want to be happy, however many people don’t have a strategy for being happy in the face of overwhelming opportunities to be unhappy.
In today’s episode of The Success Sculpting Show you’re not only going to learn how to be happy, you’re going to get a specific battle-tested strategy for being happy even when all hell is breaking loose around you and the number of reasons to be unhappy far outweigh the reasons to be happy.
So let’s get to it, click the play button above to start listening to this latest podcast Episode..
Here are the Show Notes for this Episode.
From Sandbox to Sadbox
- As kids we would have fun playing in the sandbox creating little cool sculptures with our friends.
- As adults, we’ve migrated from the sandbox into what I call the sadbox.
- There we use the fragile pieces of our past to build monuments to our mistakes and castles to our past carelessness that keeps us held down in unhappiness.
- Sometimes are happiness is not based on how we feel about what we’ve done, but based on how other people feel about what we’ve done.
- So the knobs that can turn up or turn down our happiness are under someone else’s control.
- Thus, we are not the cause of our own happiness, we are the effect of happiness because we wait for others to gives us the approval to be happy with their stamp of approval, acceptance and appreciation.
- Just think about the extent of unhappiness one can have if it was based on other people’s appreciation of what we’ve done or acknowledgement of what we’ve done.
- “You know, you should really be unhappy about…”
- 5 Step Counter-Attack
- 1. “I am unhappy about…” (Acknowledge it!)
- 2. “But what I am happy about is…” (Counter it!)
- 3. “What I’m also happy about is…” (Stack it!)
- 4. “What excites me about that is…” (Crush it!)
- 5. “Just imagine…” (Elevate it!)
*Break Down The Discouragement
- 1. Discard the personal discord (self-hatred, self-rejection, self-condemnation) to create harmony
- 2. Discharge and release the feelings of guilt, shame and pity
- 3. Discover and dismantle unforgiveness, bitterness, blame and witchcraft
- 4. Discontinue all victim-hood.
*Build Up The Encouragement
- 1. Discover your joys (focus is the fuel, experience calm in chaos and harmony in havoc)
- 2. Discuss what makes you happy (conversation choice, complaining is a choice)
- 3. Disclose your love to others (saying “I love you” allows you to feel and experience the love yourself)
- 4. Be a disciple of of gratitude, not a victim of ingratitude
Got a question? Feedback? Have thoughts about The Show?
If you have thoughts and questions or have topics you want to hear about on The Success Sculpting Show, then email me at feedback[a]successsculpting[dot]com (audio files welcomed) and I will incorporate them in the show.
Record a voice message and I’ll try and play it on the show. Call (469) 546-5093 to leave a voicemail.
Can We Get Social?
If you enjoyed today’s show, how about showing some love and using one of the buttons below to “Share” …”Like” or …”Tweet” today’s Episode. And I welcome your feedback on today’s Episode, so talk back to me below. Really appreciate it… THANK YOU! 🙂
Stephen Pierce, You are a blessing from our Heavenly Father. Thank you. Joshua
Thank you Joshua! 🙂
Appreciate you allowing me to contribute to your life.
I’m a first time listener, this great stuff here, thanks :). I read quite a bit of philosophy and a lot of what you brought out here today rings “truth”. If you can make a few changes to the way you think, and respond to the world around you, you can find true happiness.
Good Work Stephen
Thank you Colin!
Appreciate you listening to today’s Show and sharing your thoughts and insights. And I agree… big positive shifts can happen with just a few changes in the way you think and respond to the world around you. And those few changes are small changes too! 🙂
It is great.I have listened 3 rounds and not pulled out. Thank you Stephen
🙂 That awesome and great to hear Diomedes!
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing!
Thanks for inviting me over to your blog audio .It made me happy and gave me
some idea on being happy in different situations. See ya next time. Really appreciate
your time and effort to bring this great value to us. Have a good day!
Regards fellow Texan
You’re welcome Zora!
And it’s great to know that you are happier as a result of listening to this audio.
This is the best podcast so far in this series. I applied the Unhappy Bugger Strategy on an issue I’ve been dealing with over the last couple of days and it worked!!! I feel lighter and I am focusing on the positive things happening in my life. Stephen, thanks for sharing this!
Thank you Lori!
Appreciate your feedback and really excited to hear that you used the “Unhappy Bugger Strategy” with great results.
You’re welcome… may you have many, many more days of feeling lighter and more focused on positive things happening in your life.