Today, we have with us none other than Steve Olsher, the world’s foremost reinvention expert, famous for helping individuals and corporations become exceptionally clear on their WHAT, the one thing they were created to do.
His practical no-holds-barred approach to life and business propels his clients towards achieving massive profitability while also cultivating a life of purpose, conviction, and contribution.
Steve has over 25 years of business and entrepreneurial experience, and as chairman and founder of Liquor.com, he is the online pioneer of this company which launched on CompuServe’s Electronic Mall in 1993.
He is also the author of New York Times Bestseller What is your WHAT? and the business technology book of the year, Internet Prophets.
An international keynote speaker and in-demand media guest, Steve has appeared on CNN, The Huffington Post, Entrepreneurs on Fire, and countless other media outlets. He hosts the #1 radio show podcast Reinvention Radio.
If you are trying to reinvent yourself and get a new life, this show is for you.
Reinventing Yourself for Success
[00:02:45] Three Steps to Discovering Your WHAT
To live a life of fulfillment, purpose, and conviction, you need to understand what your WHAT is. Steve explains three steps to discovering your WHAT.
- Understand your core gift, e.g., teaching, entertaining, healing, or protecting.
- Understand the primary vehicle that you will use to share your gift.
- Understand the people that you are most compelled to serve.
[00:10:21] What Does Reinventing Mean?
It does not mean you have to change anything about yourself and who you are. It’s a matter of shedding the shackles of the personalities, expectations, whims, and agendas of other people and getting to the essence of who you truly are.
[00:12:40] The Difference between Your WHY and Your WHAT
Your WHY is something that you choose and is reflective of why you do what you do, whereas your WHAT is reflective of what is in your DNA; it is already within you.
[00:20:00] Four Paths That Lead toward Discovering Your WHAT
- The Birthers: These are people who have known from the womb who they are and what it is they’re most compelled to do.
- The Shifters: They are usually already in the right environment, but they need to make a subtle adjustment to the What is your WHAT? framework and get fired up about life again.
- The “Reinventors”: People who do a 180° turn on what they were doing, like the corporate attorney who closes shop to become a surfing instructor.
- The Wanderers: Most people wander through life without a clear understanding of what their WHAT is.
[00:24:50] The Turning Point
An experience with mortality made Steve question his life’s purpose and what his legacy will be. He decided to start helping people live a more fulfilling life by sharing with them the tips, tools, and strategies that had worked well in his life.
[00:35:15] Why Steve is Giving Away Free Ebooks
Steve is happy to give the book for free and be like the first domino that sets things in motion. The more people find their WHAT and impact others, the more the world will be a better place.
[00:38:30] Internet Prophets
This book is the result of conversations with 25 of the world’s leading experts who give insights on how to leverage the power of the internet and profit online.
[00:43:02] Find Your WHAT before College
Unless someone is clear on what their WHAT is and what it is that they want to do, college might not be the right choice. Too many people end up taking a major that they have no interest in and then going into an unrelated field after graduation.
[00:44:16] The Last Word
You are the solution to someone else’s problem. There are people that are praying for you to show up in their life right now.
- [00:02:56] Those who are clear on what their WHAT is, seem to be able to live that life of fulfillment, purpose, and conviction.
- [00:07:42] Until you get in there and try these things, you’re not going to have a sense of what vehicle is going to make the most sense for you.
- [00:36:04] Somebody’s got to be willing to be that first domino and set things in motion, and this is one of the things I’m willing to do.
- [00:40:49] 85% of those who graduate with a four-year degree don’t work in their field of study within five years of graduation.
- [00:45:13] When you’ve got that focus and purpose, you’ll find that things that used to bother you will carry a lot less weight.
LINKS TO STEVE OLSHER
- Steve Olsher Website
- What is Your WHAT?: Discover The One Amazing Thing You Were Born To Do by Steve Olsher
- Internet Prophets: The World’s Leading Experts Reveal How to Profit Online by Steve Olsher
- What is Your What
- Reinvention Workshop online course
- Reinvention Radio
This interview with Steve Olsher on the Success Sculpting Show with Stephen Pierce is also available on Stitcher, Google Play, iTunes, and iHeartRadio.
- Stephen Pierce on Stitcher
- Stephen Pierce on Google Play
- Stephen Pierce on iTunes
- Stephen Pierce on iHeartRadio